2 Weeks Old!

Today is the boys' two week birthday! I feel like it has been months, but no, it's only been two weeks. I think for the first time today I realized how tired I am. I'm wondering how I am going to make it for the next few months! I think I have experienced every emotion possible in the last two weeks. This blog has really helped and I am also writing things down in a journal. When the boys are older and being typical boys I think I will pull it out and show them what they put me through.

No word on the cranial scans yet. I know they were done last night around 1:00 am. I was hoping to hear something today but no such luck. I have no idea if that means that nothing has changed (which would be good) or if they just didn't get to them yet. I've come to fear the meetings with the doctors so I'm going with no new is good news for now. I still can't breathe easy until I hear either way though.

Today was a pretty uneventful one for the boys. They were both sleeping pretty comfortably when Andrew and I left them. Cooper has now taken to holding on to his tubes like Carson does. They were both on 26% oxygen which is great. We breathe 21% so they are almost there. Carson goes back and forth from 21-29% but this is the first time Cooper has been down that low so we're proud of him. His sweet nurse gave him a little bath last night. Poor guy hasn't been stable enough to wash yet so she felt like he deserved it. He was pretty stinky!

Carson's PDA (hole in the heart) has closed! We got the word from the Cardiologist today so that was some good news. Cooper's had already closed on it's own. Thank you everyone for praying and thinking of us. Keep it up, all of your love and support is working miracles!

Comments

Aunt Suzanne said…
Hi Lauren and Andrew, I just found out that you are still using the blog to communicate and read all of the past posts since before delivery. How wonderful that we live in times where folks 3,000 miles away can track progress regarding the boys and both of your emotions. How wonderful that we live in times that doctors are able to put stents into brains of babies less than three pounds, and all the other amazing medical technological equipment. I have forwarded the blog to some folks you don't even know so that the numbers of people in your corner is increased and mulitplied with joy and strength and pride for all of you. You didn't tell us how much the boys weighed. How big are they now? We are all so excited and amazed and concerned and wish that we could make this process go faster. If any one of us reading these blogs could do something to make this process go more quickly or painlessly, beleive me, we would do it. For now, we will continue to express our love and admiration for you and Andrew. Remember, there will be a time later in life when the two of you will be able to "pay your strength forward." Please don't feel badly about not looking picture perfect in the photos. Your emotion is so real and that is so important. I know this is long, guess I am making up for not knowing the blog was still active. With much, much love and concern and hope. Aunt Suzanne & Uncle Lawrence
Unknown said…
Carson and Cooper,
HAPPY 2 WEEK BIRTHDAY!!!!!!
Lots of Love and good thoughts
Aunt Linda,Uncle Stan, Jon and Lindsey :)
Lisa White said…
Lauren & Andrew,

My heart & prayers go out to you during this difficult time. Not a day goes by where I don't send a prayer your way: for the boys & both of you. Uncle Mike FINALLY sent me the blog info so I could be in touch. Hang in there! And count your blessings, though it may not seem like it, you will get to know your boys even more intimately than you ever thought possible; because every moment you spend with them & hold them will count even more. My first one, Debi, ended up gravely sick 4 days after she was born, & though it is nothing like what you are going through, I do understand the trips home empty-handed, and living at the hospital, & PRAYING, PRAYING, PRAYING. Again, my thoughts & prayers are with you & the boys.

Lisa White
Kris Petrelli said…
Hi Lauren and Andrew! I just found out about the twins yesterday and feel horrible about not keeing in better touch. Jennifer Burkingstock sent me the news. I can't imagine the wide range of emotions that you have been going through the last 2 weeks. Know that you and your boys are in our hearts and prayers. I'll continue checking the post for updates.
Bridget said…
Happy Birthday Boys! They are looking so cute! The picture on the scale really lets you get a good look when you zoom in...it just makees me go...awe :)

Keep up the good work Carson and Cooper...many more big days to come!

Love,
Bridget
Unknown said…
This is from Barb also. We love all of the recent good news. The boys are beautiful, (Great Noses). Penis's are already Greg & Andrew's size.
april shafer said…
I just got this comment thing figured out--I thought that you had to have a google e-mail or something because I have attempted before. I am officially not computer-literate! Anyway, I'm so thrilled that Carson's hole has closed on it's own!! That is wonderful news! Also, I meant to tell you yesterday how happy I am that you got to hold one of your little angels. I know that was a joy. I am praying daily for you guys. You and Andrew and the boys are showing so much strength and perserverance. I am so proud of all of you. We are all rooting for you guys!

with lots of love and positive thoughts going your way,
April
Kelli Lewis said…
Hi Lauren and Andrew,

I have been keeping up with the progress of your boys daily. I am so glad to hear they are getting so much stronger. You all are in my thoughts and prayers.

Kelli Lewis