He's Here!!

Andrew, Carson, and I would like to proudly announce the arrival of Brooks Phillips Hess, 7 lbs, 18 3/4 inches long!!!


Sunday night I started feeling some pretty regular contractions along with lower back pain. I did what I have done through out the whole pregnancy and drank tons of water and laid down. By 1:00 am things weren't getting any better so we decided to call the doctor. Luckily, it was my regular doctor who was on call and he told me to head on in and get checked out. Fortunately we were able to call our neighbor over to stay at the house with Carson till my parents and Andrew's parents could make it out. By the time Andrew and I made it to the hospital I was in a little bit of pain and I knew this would be it. They checked me out and I was already 3 cm dilated and 70% effaced so Dr. Wiist said it was go time!

From that point things moved pretty quickly but in a calm way, not at all like last time! I walked myself in to the OR and hoped up on the table for my epidural which was very welcome because the contractions were really uncomfortable. They allowed Andrew back in the room and the C-section began. That is such a weird feeling. Last time I had to be put under due to the circumstances but this time I was wide awake. Brooks started crying before he was even pulled all the way out, what a wonderful sound! Andrew got to go over and be with him as he was cleaned up and then brought him over to me. He looked like a little doll all wrapped up! The best part was when the nurse called the time of birth, 4:11 am which is Carson and Cooper's birthday, April 11th. I fully believe that was not a coincidence!

Carson got to come up to the hospital yesterday and it was so funny. He was not sure of where he was or why I was holding another baby. He had this look on his face the entire time of total confusion. He was more interested in pushing the buttons on my bed and playing with the door handles!

So even though it wasn't my scheduled day and I didn't get to just stroll in with my bags it still was a very positive experience. And the best part is I get to leave the hospital with my baby!! We will be going home on Thursday and I am sure I will have tons of pictures to post between now and then. For some reason the pictures will not show up when I upload them. It must have something to do with the connection here at the hospital? I'll work on it and see if I can't get some up.

Comments

Stephen said…
Congratulations guys! Great to read this. I have been checking every morning as part of my routine before getting ready for work. God Bless You!
The Cains said…
Congrats!!! I'm so excited for y'all...so glad it was a great experience and Mom and baby are doing well!